Moving to a new place can be one of the most stressful things in life. You need so many different types of items and, on the flip side, there’s probably lots of stuff you need to get rid of. It becomes difficult remembering what you should bring with you. This blog post will help you prepare for moving day by listing 8 things that every person needs when they move into their new home!
- Chargers for Phone and Laptop: You'll want your electronic devices charged before you head out so they're ready to go when you arrive at your new place!
- Bedding and Towels: The last thing you want to do is be uncomfortable when you're settling into your new home. Make sure to bring bedding and towels so that you can spend the first night in a comfortable state!
- A Change of Clothes: Even if you plan on wearing what's in your suitcase, having a change of clothes can be helpful for something as simple as staying fresh after a long drive.
- A Toiletries Kit: You'll want to bring your own toiletries kit with you such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, and more. It's a good idea not to use what is used by the previous owner of the place!
- Utensils: Utensils can make cooking a lot easier. Plus, you're sure not going to want to use the same utensil that your predecessor had been using for years on end without cleaning it first.
- Pots/Pans: You'll need pots and pans in order to cook the food you buy from the store.
- Basic Cleaning supplies: There's no guarantee that your new place will come with all the supplies you need to clean so it's best to bring what you need.
- Basic first aid kit: You never know when you're going to need a bandaid or painkiller especially if you've been moving heavy objects.
We hope this list of things you'll need when moving into a new home has been helpful. If there is anything we missed or if something needs to be clarified, please let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
Back to myBlog